The Past Ahead
(Image: Retrieved from Instagram)
As I walk forward,
my footprints bloom ahead of me.
The deserted road remembers my coming,
long before I arrive.
The remembered tomorrow lingers behind;
wearing the borrowed shadow of an unknown yesterday.
Each wandering wind whispers my secrets,
I have yet to speak.
Whatever I chase,
is quietly following me.
The timeless time folds its endless pages,
to the place where my story begins.
My clock collapses into yesterday,
its hands reaching toward a tomorrow behind.
Everything begins;
at the end of its own beginning.
Somewhere ahead,
my memories wait within an unfamiliar past,
like words I will learn yesterday,
in the language of this poem.
Each sunrise rises,
from the ashes of tomorrow’s sunset.
And yesterday's silence,
answering the questions of tomorrow.
Perhaps the paths knows me too well.
Perhaps every ending flows from where its beginning hides.
So I keep walking-
into the unknown ahead me,
towards the quite mystery,
of my PAST AHEAD...
- Sarath Meleveed